Sunday, January 2, 2011

One Last Day Off Before Going Back to Work

I love my job but I love being home with my family too. I keep thinking I'm going to work out a healthy balance between work and home. Little by little I feel like I have small successes. If I expect less from myself and focus more, I tend to do better.

One big challenge is dinner every night. Things go more smoothly if I have dinner at least planned the night before. When I'm really on a roll, I'll plan two or three dinners ahead and can do any required shopping ahead of time.

Here's a quick and easy red beans and rice meal that I love:

Easy Red Beans and Rice

About a month ago, we purchased a Vitamix machine and we love it and have found that the convenience outweighs the cost. We use it to make lots of fruit and green smoothies, soups, zucchini bread and salsa. Some soups require a little planning, such as having a baked potato on hand, but other than that they are so easy to make. And the Vitamix crushes and blends ice like I have never seen a blender do before.

Vitamix Recipes

I like the cookbook that comes with the Vitamix which gives us lots of starter recipes, but we've had the most fun coming up with our own smoothie combinations.



No comments:

Post a Comment